Finished the second book by Austin Kleon. A small book and a good one.
Often times when we write, we get blocked with the feeling of being an imposter. You are not alone. Even well-known writers have this problem. This book helps you to get over imposter syndrome.
Also, it talks about how you can get inspiration from others and be creative in whatever you do.
For example, how famous personalities started their career copying their idols and then created an identity for them.
You can get the book here – Steal Like an Artist.
Check the author’s blog as well – austinkleon.com
Some Stolen Quotes
One of my favorite quotes from the book is “Practice Productive Procrastination.” – It is essential to have two to three projects at a time. When you are bored/overwhelmed working on one project, you can pick up another that interests you.
Here are some more stolen quotes from the book in which some was stolen by the author himself 😃
- “Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.” – Jim Jarmusch
- If you take the income of five close friends and average it, it becomes pretty close to yours.
- You are going to be as good as the stuff you surround yourself with.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are, to get started.
- If you copy from one author, it is plagiarism. If you copy from many, it’s research.
- Write what you want to read.
- The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.